Commencing your journey with NEXT is as simple as:
Completing the application form lets us know you are serious about NEXT – but doesn’t lock you in. Once you have submitted your application form, there are some additional steps that we will guide you through. These steps help you to personalise NEXT (i.e. choosing optional electives and mission placements) and secure your place.
Let’s work through each of these in turn:
Step 1. Application for Admission Form:
This is how you get the ball rolling.
- Download the Application for Admission Form
- Submit your form to NEXT either by
- Print out the form and send it to us – NEXT Applications – 271 Royal Parade , Parkville 3052, OR
- Fill out the form as soft copy and email it back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Filling out the form is just the usual, name address and so on – but make sure you get your details correct, as it slows things down if we have to chase you up later.
- If you are not quite ready to apply but would like to find out more – then let’s tee up a time for a chat. Shoot us an email or give us a call (9340 8100).
- Completing the application form doesn’t lock you in. If your circumstances change you can withdraw your application with no costs incurred.
2. Official Documents:
Depending on your background, your application might require transcripts of prior study, proof of citizenship and so on. There’s a section towards the end of the Application for Admission Form that explains it all. You can supply these documents in one of two ways
- Make Certified Copies of these documents and send them in with your Application for Admission Form (mail to 271 Royal Parade , Parkville 3052).
- Bring the official documents with you when you have your Interview (see below), and we can copy them for you.
Don’t stress! This won’t be like a job interview.
It’s more like a get to know you time. We’d love to hear a bit of your story and your reasons for applying for NEXT.
We will also use the time to talk through how you would like to shape your NEXT experience, what electives you might like to take or if there is a mission placement you might be interested in. Oh, and it’s also a chance to ask us anything you’d like to know about NEXT.
By the end of your interview, you should have a clear sense of what your year at NEXT will be like.
4. Subject Selection and Finances:
After the interview you’ll be in a good position to choose which electives you would like to undertake. Once you’ve figured this out, we will also need to get the money stuff sorted out too. (For now, just get going with your application form and we’ll talk about electives and finances at the interview).
5. NEXT Personal Profile Pack:
The above four elements comprise the majority of your formal application process with Whitley College and the University of Divinity. So they are all important – but this last one is really special. The NEXT Personal Profile Pack is your first step into the formation process of NEXT. It contains a number of forms, questionnaires and other bits and pieces to get you going.
We will send the pack to you after you have confirmed your enrolment with NEXT and paid the course deposit. Completing the Personal Profile Pack will take a little time and it is important that you work through it carefully. Commencing NEXT is conditional upon completing all aspects of the pack.
What Happens Next?
Timely applications are submitted before January 30th, 2015
Applications received after this date may not be accepted. Applications are processed on a first come first served basis. This means if we are forced to cap numbers, those applications completed first will be offered first option.
Most importantly – KEEP CALM! We know this probably sounds like a lot of hard work. But we want you to know, that it is pretty straightforward. You just need to work on one thing at a time – and if you ever get stuck, just give us a call, or shoot us an email, and we will be happy to help in whatever way we can.
So – happy applying! We are looking forward to meeting you in person.